The 4th Australian-German Science and Innovation Day continues the successful series of events dedicated to increasing the awareness for collaborative research activities between both countries and to nurturing the network among the related research communities. In 2019, the Australian-German Science and Innovation Day will be hosted by The University of Queensland and take place at Customs House in the heart of Brisbane’s CBD.
The focus of this year will be on the identified priority themes for scientific collaborations between our two countries, i.e.
– energy transition (incl. renewable energy, bioeconomy, hydrogen)
– aerospace and defence
– health (incl. e-health)
– the future of work (incl. digital transformation, digital technologies, ethical and legal implications)
We are delighted to already confirm a number of speakers including
– Prof. Paul Bertsch, Act. Queensland Chief Scientist
– Julia Playford, Acting Director, Science Development, Qld Department of Environment and Science
– Dr Judith Reinhard, Head of Science and Innovation, German Embassy, Canberra
Click to download the Call for Presentations and we welcome proposals for presentations dedicated to one of the four themes listed above featuring a scientific collaboration between researchers in both countries. Please note that the deadline will be 30 August.
The newly formed Australian-German Research Student Network will lead a comparative discussion on the experiences in both systems. Students from the two Queensland-based PASCH-schools in Kenmore and Ferny Grove will present the outcomes of their recent science projects.
The Australian-German Science and Innovation Day is embedded in the Australia-Germany Research Network, a joint initiative with the German Embassy in Canberra and the Australian Embassy in Berlin.
We are very grateful for the support of
– The University of Queensland,
– University of Southern Queensland,
– Queensland University of Technology,
– Griffith Institute for Glycomics,
– German Embassy in Canberra
– DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
In particular, we like to acknowledge the support of Rheinmetall Defence to this event.